Happy New Year! I know it’s been a long time since I’ve posted something here, but last year was quite eventful!
Here’s a little recap of 2021:
• I explored my new stomping grounds in the 805
• I played some cool gigs with my music entertainment company, Boogie Agenda
• I started a YouTube channel that started out as a self development channel but somehow ended up becoming a place I share my minimalism journey
• I journeyed deeper into and started decluttering my home, my social life, and other aspects of my life
• I learned new digital skills like web design
• I read some new books (Dr. Joe Dispenza books, and social media marketing, sales stuff)
• I grew food on a balcony for the first time and successfully grew herbs, cucumbers, and some carrots and tomatoes
• I left LA for good (I still had a job there until May)
• I ate a really good ramen that I still think about lol and have yet to blog about
• I started going to the gym (now that our amenities have opened)
• I finally got a desk after working in the dining room for a year!
• I only surfed a hand full of times
• I was able to let go of this identity I held onto for a long time (I am not what I do)
There are a few that I’ve realized and had to learn to navigate
• People come and go
• People change or stay exactly the same. I know I’ve changed
• Everyone experiences life differently from each other and rightfully so
• Not everything is certain
• We all have the power to take control of our lives but we tend to let life control us
• Self awareness is so important and unfortunately not everyone has it
• We really can create our own reality
Overall, it has been a good year. I had to really push myself and get out of my comfort zone and learned a ton of things about myself along the way.
Some of the most important things I learned: always drink enough water, mind your own business, and just take things one day at a time.
Wishing you all a prosperous, healthy, and joyous new year!